This was the simpler card that the South Burlington group made at the June meeting. This card is suitable to send to anyone that you want to send this wish to. I also love the combination of the Rooted in Nature stamps with the coordinating Nature’s Roots dies. I have seen many wonderful creations online using this combo, and I wanted to introduce it to the club gals.
I got the idea for this technique from a YouTube video online. Online resources are really a fantastic way to learn new things! To create the look of the die cut strip you need the Stamparatus and coordinating dies for the stamped image on the white (the tree on this card). You can create this look with any set with coordinating dies, so I encourage you to try it. Here’s how you do it:
- Set up the stamps (greeting and image that matches the die) on the Stamparatus.
- Stamp on the Whisper White layer. You can stamp the greeting, too – you’ll cover it with the strip anyhow.
- Stamp the strip (Petal Pink here) lining up the greeting so that it is centered vertically.
- Adhere the stamped strip to a mat layer (Soft Suede here).
- Use the coordinating die to cut out the shape from the strip. If it is in two pieces like on the card here, that is fine.
- Use Dimensionals to raise up the strip so that the stamped layer looks recessed.