I did some research (google is my friend!) and found many sites that show the "meaning of rose colors". The main color used for this card is peach, and the meaning of a peach rose is "appreciation, sincerity or gratitude"; the perfect colors to use on a card for Mom! Who deserves a beautiful rose greeting that signifies your appreciation more than the wonderful woman that raised you?
We made this card in the April gathering of the Lovely Ladies stamp club. The big flower for this card is made using the reinker float technique. The technique is really quite easy, but it gives absolutely gorgeous results. The ladies really loved this card and technique, and I'm pretty sure that several of them have tried it again. One of the gals experimented and found that you really do HAVE to use the Shimmer White cardstock; everything else she tried was too absorbent, and the technique didn't work properly. The Shimmer White cardstock also gives you a wonderful shimmer effect on your image which adds to its' beauty. Here's how you do the technique:
- Stamp a line art image in Versamark ink on Shimmer White cardstock
- Heat emboss with white (or any color) embossing powder
- Spritz the stamped image with water until puddles form
- Using an aqua painter, pick up reinker color and drop in the puddles. You can use multiple colors – experiment!
- Let the image dry, then cut out just outside the embossed outline. (You can use the heat gun if you're impatient.)
Here's the supply list used to create this lovely card:
- Cardstock: Shimmer White, Whisper White, Daffodil Delight, Pear Pizzazz, Peach Parfait
- Stamps: Fifth Avenue Floral, Teeny Tiny Messages
- Ink: Versamark, Very Vanilla craft, Peach Parfait
- Reinkers: So Saffron, Daffodil Delight, Peach Parfait
- Accessories: Top Note die, Little Leaves Sizzlet die, Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder, Stamp-A-Ma-Jig, Aqua Painters
If you like this card, or have a suggestion on how to improve it, please leave me a comment below. I can't wait to see your suggestions!