I created a few of these cards a couple of weeks ago so that I could send Thank you notes to some people that had recently placed orders with me. A few years ago I used a stamp/punch combo to create some black-eyed Susan flowers and I thought it would be great to do it again with our new, fabulous Daisy Delight bundle. I’m really quite pleased (if I do say so myself) at how these flowers turned out. I do miss the small oval punch that would have been absolutely perfect for the centers of the flowers, but I am still happy with the results using a small circle punch. I embossed the circles with an embossing folder to give them a little texture which adds a little bit to the end result.
I used the sketch that you see here as the inspiration for the card. I really didn’t deviate very much from the sketch and the layout is great for lots of designs. I bet you can’t guess what Designer Series Paper I used for the angled strip… it is from the “B” side of one of the papers in the Pick a Pattern pack. I’m not super excited about the cute-sy images in the “A” side of several of the papers, but I really appreciate that Stampin’ Up! has put more monochromatic/non-thematic patterns on the reverse of each of the papers in this pack. This paper is on the backside of the sheet with the campers/moose/bunnies/mountains/etc. This feature is a real plus (imho) of Stampin’ Up!’s Designer Series Papers. I also used part of the color scheme of this DSP for the color combination on this card. That’s another great thing about Stampin’ Up!’s papers; the packs are labeled with the various colors that are used, so it is easy to coordinate.
I’ll gladly share with you how I crated these pretty flowers. The stems are stamped on the Whisper White layer. I stamped the daisy from the stamp set on Crushed Curry paper with Crushed Curry ink. After I punched them out with the coordinating punch, I cut the flowers in halv and glued them together in the center with the petals a little offset. I then glued the punched and embossed flower center where they meet to hide that joining section. I then attached these units to the center panel, over the top of the stamped stems, using Stampin’ Dimensionals. And voilà, you have black-eyed Susans!