I’m still having a bunch of fun with the Batik Boutique stamp set, and I’m still loving it! I don’t know why it took me so long to get the bundle since it was on my original wish list for the “big” catalog. Thankfully I have it now, and I can create up a storm with it! I really like pairing the set with the Sweet Symmetry DSP because this images are of a similar type. For this card I used the Just Jade monochromatic paper and it contrasts wonderfully (and not jarringly) with the other colors on my card. I also used the same trick for the greeting label for this card that I used on my previous blog post. I’m absolutely loving the versatility of the Messages die!
This card is another mass-production effort for me. As I shared previously, I have a deficit in my supply of cards to send this Lenten season. Thankfully I had some time this weekend so I could create another batch of cards to add to my stash. Actually… I designed this card, and prepped the layers for assembly later. I hope to get some time in on my lunch break today and after dinner to get these all done. I do have all of the stamping complete and the die cutting done. I decided to make 16 of this card so I could use up (with a few scraps) a full sheet of the Sweet Symmetry DSP. That meant that I had to do A LOT of stamping and diecutting to have enough. As to the stamping, the Stamparatus was essential to consistently getting the images in the flower lined up. I’m so glad that Stampin’ Up! offers this great tool! One tip that I have is to have some scrap copy paper cut to size so you can practice the stamping and stamp alignment before you start using your good cardstock. The images in this set line up pretty tightly and I had to reposition images a bit to get them just right. Some patience getting it just right was totally worth the time.
This sketch was the inspiration for my card design. I rotated the layout 90° to create a horizontally oriented card. I had thought about several different stamps or diecuts to use for my card, and pretty quickly decided that I wanted to play some more with the Batik Boutique set. For this to work, it meant that I needed to re-orient the trio of rectangles since the flower is oriented that way. Rotating a sketch is totally within the “rules” and it makes a sketch even more versatile. I’m so glad that I was able to get a card put together in time to participate in the challenge!