I created this card to show off the technique for the focal image. For the last year I have been the technique coordinator for an online demonstrator only group and I wrote up the article for this technique as my last submission. A member had asked for some ideas for using Stampin' Up!s window sheets in a project, and I dusted this one off from my memory banks. The photo doesn't do it justice because there is some glitter mixed in which adds some nice extra sparkle.
This technique is called Acetate & Tissue, and here is how you do it:
- Stamp an image using black StazOn in on the window sheet.
- Drizzle a bunch of Crystal Effects on the back side.
- Place a few drops of ink refill randomly around. You can use more than one color, too.
- Cover your hands with rubber gloves and spread around the Crystal Effects with the ink to create a marbled look. If you used more than 1 color, don't mix it too much to prevent the colors blending together too much.
- Sprinkle some Dazzling Diamonds glitter over the Crystal Effects.
- Lay a piece of tissue paper (like you use to wrap clothes in a gift box) and press into the Crystal Effects.
- Let the piece dry (I left it over night) and then you can cut it as desired for your project.
I used the following supplies for this card:
- Stamps: Bloomin' Marvelous, Flowering Flourishes
- Cardstock: Pool Party, Tangerine Tango, Summer Starfruit, Whisper White
- Ink: StazOn Black, Island Indigo, Pool Party ink refill
- Accessories: Window Sheet, Crystal Effects, Tasteful Trim die, Ovals Framelits, Sycamore Street DSP, Sycamore Street ribbon
- Non Stampin' Up!: Tissue paper