July 4th always seems like the true beginning of summer to me. And one of my favorite things about summer, is that I get to wear flip-flops again! I decided to commemorate one of my favorite things about summer with this fun card that uses a stamp set from the Summer Mini catalog. This card is also showcasing a fun color combination using two of the new In-Colors from the 2011-2012 catalog that just became available on July 1st. I had lots of fun with this card, from the fun background to coloring in the flip-flops with my markers. I also enjoyed trying out an interesting combo of punches for the sentiment the peeks out of the top. Here are the details:
- Ink: Basic Black, Island Indigo, Pool Party
- Markers: Island Indigo, Pool Party, Riding Hood Red
- Cardstock: Island Indigo, Pool Party, Riding Hood Red, Whisper White
- Stamps: Sunny Fun
- Punches: Round Tab, 15/16" x 3/4" Oval, Scallop Trim border
- Extra: Bubble wrap + brayer, for the background
I invite you to play along. Try out a card with the color combo of Island Indigo, Pool Party and Riding Hood Red. You can use any neutral color that you want to finish out your project. Then send me an e-mail and share your project with me. You can use the e-mail link to the left.
And I dare you to make your own Declaration of Independence!