I admit it, I went over the top when I designed this card for the South Burlington stamp club group. I used the sample of the frame on page 23 as my inspiration for the flower. Here’s a portion of that project so you can see what I’m talking about.

This was definitely the “complicated” card of the evening. None of the steps are hard, but there is a fair amount of stamping, punching, and cutting the scalloped centers of the flowers took a while. The sample from the catalog caught my eye immediately, and I just knew that I had to attempt something to recreate these gorgeous flowers. In hindsight, it probably would have been better to do something other than a card (like a box or bag) but my first inclination is to do cards. This one will have to be hand delivered to the special recipient, or a box will have to be used to send it so that the flowers don’t get crushed.

I am also glad that Stampin’ Up! has this awesome chicken wire background stamp. You will see me using that stamp a lot, I’m sure. It really does add some interesting texture without being too overwhelming.

I have to say that the crate carrying all of my supplies (especially the punches) was VERY heavy. Like I said, I went a little nuts with this card.

Product List
Sprig Punch
Leaf Punch
Daisy Punch