This card is actually a blast from the past; we made this project in stamp club back in January 2011. The gals had loads of fun with this technique and could see lots of opportunities for creating some cool cards with all sorts of inlaid shapes. It is really cool how the punched shapes really look like they are just part of the background paper after you do the embossing! Last summer I used the same technique to create a fun birthday card using inlaid stars created from the Stars #2 die. This technique is sooooo versatile!
You will need the following materials to make this card:
- Stamps: Grateful Greetings
- Cardstock: Regal Rose, Rose Red, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla
- Ink: Chocolate Chip
- Accessories: Pinking Hearts Border punch, 3/16" Corner Rounder punch, Heart to Heart punch, Square Lattice embossing folder, Rose Red 1/2" Seam Binding ribbon, Stampin' Dimensionals
The heart strip is created using the Inlaid Embossing technique. Here's how you can create this look:
- Punch one or more shapes from cardstock.
- Attach the shapes to your background cardstock using a stong liquid glue like Tombow Multi glue.
- With the Big Shot, emboss the decorated cardstock using a tight image embossing folder like the Square Lattice die.