The Essex stamp club gals made this card at their September meeting. I have totally fallen in love with this stamp set, and this card was my gateway drug. I have been having so much fun creating different flowers with different colors, and they always turn out beautifully. The ladies at stamp club were really impressed with these flowers, too. And isn’t the combination of colors on this card just wonderful?!? There isn’t anything fancy going on here, just some pretty stamps combined together to create a pretty card. We also stamped a vanilla panel with a flower and leaf combo for the inside of the card too, along with the phrase “I am thankful for you” which is also in the same stamp set.
Some people have been having challenges with the set, so I have some tips for you to be successful.
- Remove the photopolymer center from the detail flower stamp so that you will always have clear visibility for lining it up over the larger flower image. If you don’t, ink can collect there and make it harder to see to line up the images.
- Stamp all layers of the image
- Make sure your ink pads are well inked
- Use nice, even pressure while stamping
- Place a Stampin’ Pierce Mat underneath where you’re stamping
- Keep in mind that lighter colors won’t show up as deeply as darker colors
- Play around with saturation levels (e.g., stamping off vs. stamping full strength) to get your desired look
- The stamp is not supposed to match the Painted Autumn Designer Series Paper
- Experiment with color combinations to see what you like, using a lighter (or stamped off) color for the background and a darker color for the top layer,
I have been having so much fun with this set, so you will definitely be seeing some more creations here in the days and weeks ahead. Enjoy!