As I'm busily preparing for our next stamp club meeting this evening, I took a little time out to share this card that we made in the November meeting. The ladies requested that we do the shaving cream technique again because they enjoyed it so much the first time. That time we made a Valentine's Day card with a pink shaving cream background. This time we used two colors (Pool Party & Wisteria Wonder) mixed into the shaving cream to make it a wee bit more advanced. They seemed to be pretty pleased with their results this time, too.
I used the following materials to make this card:
- Stamps: Serene Snowflakes, Many Merry Messages
- Cardstock: Sahara Sand, Wisteria Wonder, Concord Crush, Whisper White
- Ink: Wisteria Wonder, Concord Crush, Pool Party
- Accessories: Northern Frost Sizzlit Decorative Strip Die, Silver Glimmer Paper, silver brad
Here is how you do the shaving cream technique:
- Spread some shaving cream (not gel) in a container.
- Put several drops of ink refill in various spots on the shaving cream. (More drops – more color intensity)
- Spread the ink around using the tines of a fork. Don't over-mix because you want to see the color variations.
- Lay your white cardstock in the shaving cream.
- Scrape the shaving cream off the cardstock, and you have a marbled pattern.
- You can stamp on this paper, or use it as-is for an interesting background paper.