I posted previously about this new stamp set from the big catalog called Perfect Blend. Since I received the stamp set and made note that one of the greetings talked about "ruling the world", I really wanted to create a card that included the new World Map stamp set. Well, I finally did it! I received my new (and edited*) World Map background stamp and put it to work right away to make this card. It is very faint, so you'll have to believe me that it is in the background of this card. I inked up the bottom of a paper cup to create the faux coffee ring on the card – I received the inspiration for that little trick from another demonstrator. I have to say that I'm still loving this stamp set, especially when combined with the paper piecing technique. This is one of those sets that just makes me smile.
I stamped the band around the cup with the fan coral image from By the Tide to give it some texture. You also really have to strain to see that in the photo, but it does add a little sumthin' sumthin' to the card.
* The World Map stamp was created from an image of a historic map. When it was originally released, the map included a reference to a portion of Africa that some found offensive. In the interest of not offending people, Stampin' Up! decided to re-create the stamp without that reference. Thankfully the set was only unavailable for a short time while they re-created the master. I purchased mine as soon as it became available again – I love the map image and I think that I'll use it a bunch for some masculine cards.
I used the following materials to make this card:
- Stamps: Perfect Blend, World Map, By the Tide
- Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Whisper White
- Ink: Early Espresso, Crumb Cake
- Accessories: This & That DSP, Stampin' sponges, Stampin' Dimensionals