As we approach the Memorial Day holiday, I've been thinking that we have many people to thank for all of their sacrifices in serving our country over the years. We typically honor them with parades and contemplative services, but it isn't much of a card giving event. Perhaps this year we could give a card to someone that we care about to say "thank you" for all that you have done for the rest of us.
I created this card as a second sample of the Z-Fold technique that I featured earlier in the week. This one is oriented horizontally with slightly different dimensions, but the assembly is the same. This card is much more vintage/feminine in appearance than my other card, but the neat fold is just as suitable here. I hope that you'll try out the Z-Fold technique and let me know how you like it.
I used the following materials to make this card:
- Stamps: Apothecary Art
- Cardstock: Marina Mist, Soft Suede, Pink Pirouette, Very Vanilla
- Ink: Soft Suede, Marina Mist
- Markers: Pink Pirouette
- Accessories: Beau Château, Labels Framelits, Finial Press embossing folder, Adorning Accents Edgelit, Stampin' Sponges
Cut your cardstock as follows to create a Z-Fold card that is oriented horizontally:
- Cut your cardstock and DSP in the following dimensions:
- Cardstock base, 4 1/4" x 11"
- Back panel cardstock mat, 4 1/8" x 5 3/8"
- Back panel DSP, 4" x 5 1/4"
- Front panel cardstock mat, 4 1/8" x 2 7/8"
- Front panel DSP, 2 3/4" x 4"
- Score the base at 2 3/4" and 5 1/2".
Then you can follow the remaining steps as outlined in this post for the assembly of your Z-Fold card.