I had a lot of fun with this card! I'll confess that I modeled the colors after the color scheme from some Christmas papers that Basic Grey released a couple of years ago. It is definitely a different look for Christmas, but I think it works. As always in pictures, it is a little hard to see the sparkle on the snowflake panel, but believe me it is really glittery in real life. The best part is that it is really easy to get this effect, and you don't end up wearing your glitter for the rest of the day (or 2 or 3). Here's how you get the effect:
- Stamp the panel with the images you want – I used some great snowflakes
- Apply Versamark ink to the whole panel
- Sprinkle on Iridescent Ice embossing powder over the entire panel
- Heat emboss as usual – voila!
If you want to recreate this fun, glittery beauty, you will need the following materials:
- Stamps: Serene Snowflakes, Four the Holidays
- Carstock: Pretty in Pink, Rich Razzleberry, Wild Wasabi, Bashful Blue, Whisper White
- Ink: Pretty in Pink, Rich Razzleberry, Wild Wasabi, Bashful Blue, Versamark
- Accessories: Iridescent Ice embossing powder, Tasteful Trim Sizzix die, Snowflake punch, silver brad
You can use this technique for any project where you want to add some extra glitz; I hope that you'll give it a try.